Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Catching up on stuff

As I wrote yesterday I feel the need to catch up on stuff in the blog. Not going to the pub tonight - staying in and watching Celebrity Big Brother and Desperate Housewives - so some time to do it, albeit briefly.

Christmas was cool, with all of us together. It was a really nice day for all of us. Lots of nice presents, too much to eat and nice to see my cousin Nathan and my Aunt Elizabeth, over from Washington and Virginia respectively. Shame their visit was so short.

Anyway - best Christmas Cracker joke: What animal would you like to be on a cold day?

A little otter.

The kids went away after 27th so K and I had a chance to relax, and have some fun too. This included trips to Islington shopping (sales, gift vouchers to spend etc), trips to the british library to look at maps and to the british museum to see french drawings. Lovely.

New Year's eve we went out and ate tapas in Holloway Road (much better than I remembered, I've not been there for a couple of years) and then went on to the disco at the Landseer, featuring DJ Nacho - who normally exists as just plain Nacho, the pub manager. It was fun, and we managed to stay up late, do a bit of dancing, do a lot of people (I should actually say nerd) watching, and get drunk.

This was followed the enxt morning by a trip to Luton with my old man to watch another City 0-0 draw. Eoight draws in ten games - and losing the other two. Down from being top to eighth. My start of season prediction of ninth is looking pretty good at the moment. Unfortunately I put no money on it.

Since then its been back to work - here today and yesterday, to Birmingham tomorrow, train ing next week. Pretty busy, which I guess is good, except I want the holidays to last for ever really..

No comments: