Friday, January 05, 2007

FA Cup Fever

On Sunday City are going to have the fun of playing Spurs in the FA Cup 3rd Round. Bizarrely some City fans are excited by this. Others less so - I have decided not to go to the game but to take the easy 'Sky' option. The question is would I have done this a few years ago? Certainly I went down to Ninian Park for the Leeds game (if you need to be told about this suffice it to say - we were in the third division, they were top of the premiership, we won, and there wasn't a "riot" whatever the press say), so I guess being in Division 2 (in old money) or "the Championship" has made me a bit blasé. But also we lost to Spurs in the league cup only a couple of years ago, and last year's big trip to Arsenal was so much more exciting. (Me and my old man 'took' the North Bank). Anyway, it also seem less exciting when you're watching a team that has slipped up so badly recently and you start to believe every game will be a 0-0 draw. We haven't won in weeks, nor even scored. Our players are tired and injured, Jones seems to have no idea how to get some of them playing again. Chopra is doing a fine impersonation of Andy Campbell, and the only hope for a draw is 0-0. However, I doubt that we'll be able to hold off Spurs, and we'll be very lucky to come away with 0-2. Now the problem is getting a babysitter for J while K and I go down the pub to see the game.

No comments: