Thursday, November 02, 2006

Jones beats the curse again

Once again, despite City being top of the league, Dave Jones has not won the 'manager of the month' award, it being awarded instead to Burnley (excuse me) manager Steve Cotterill. "I am obviously delighted, it's the first time I've won it at Burnley," said Cotterill, whose side won four and drew two games in October. "I felt we had a tough month and, coupled with injuries, that's probably made it a bigger achievement. That is all credit to my players."

"Piss off you smug bastard" Jones was allegedly heard to reply. "It's not whisky, so who wants it anyway". Jones then wondered off down the pub singing "WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE" and narrowly avoided being arrested. "We thought he was the soul crew" said Inspector Moron of the South Wales Police.

No comments: