Thursday, November 30, 2006

And the day before yesterday was Tuesday

What an exhausting week. Running a training course where not enough people turn up (despite the fact their organisations have paid) making the course barely viable. A two day course, no less, which ends up with just two participants: it becomes, almost, a personal surgery - but I guess that's ok: just harder work. It's too hard to tell two people to "break up into groups". But it went reasonably well, despite all that, with the both giving positive feedback: but thank god that's over.

Tonight went to M's last EVER parents evening: for 13 years I have listened to teachers telling me how clever, nice, kind and hard working my son is (with only one exception - she was a fool). I know. I know. He's now got an interview at Oxford in a couple of weeks: of course I'm proud of him, the clever bugger.

Meanwhile, City have been playing crap and lost to stoke and are no longer top of the league. So that's all over, and from now on the battle against relegation begins. Interestingly, our bad form seems to have coincided with the introduction of the 'winter ball'. Chopra seems unable to kick it into the back of the net, while Mcpahil seems to prefer hitting players: sent off again and banned for three matches - three matches we will, in all likelihood, lose, and will end up floating mid-table by the new year.

Cheerful bugger, aren't I?

No comments: