Wednesday, August 09, 2006

BBC Wales

I listened to City's 1-1 home draw with West Brom tonight with my old man, on BBC Wales (via Sky). It was dreadful: I usually listen (if at all) to the internet commentary that Richard Shepherd does, which is perfectly ok: I get a decent picture of the game, and an idea of what's going on. With BBC Wales, the commentator started off by saying City were playing from left to right... But what does that mean? He didn't tell me where he was sitting. Were City attacking the Canton End or the Grangetown End? How could I know? He kept rambling on about completely irrelevant trash, like a TV commentator: yes tht's what it was like, TV commentary on the radio - with the commentator assuming you can see what's going on. When Scimeca scored the equaliser he was rambling on about something completely uninteresting (the make of the ref's shoelaces or something), and I hadn't even realsised we had the ball. I had to explain to my old man that we had scored. Terrible.

No comments: