Friday, September 22, 2006

david and orley


david and orley
Originally uploaded by Gary Socrates.
About 30 years after that last photo of me as a toddler on the beach - this is me and Orley protesting outside Camden Town Hall. One of a number of times we did this (year in, year out) because of cuts being proposed to youth and community services. The police behind us were looking after our old CYWU (Community & Youth Workers' Union) banner. Well, they weren't really, of course, but we thanked them anyway. This actually may have been the early 90s - by which point I was working full time for the union, and Orley was chair. This photo was taken by the bloke who was a technician at the old youth office - can't remember his name.

I haven't seen or heard from Orley for many years, since he went home to Barbados I hope he is well and happy there. Maybe I'll do a web search for him.

No comments: