Monday, October 23, 2006

I do not like Green Eggs and Hammam


No I do not like them Sam I am.

So what on earth is going on down at Ninian Park? Hammam out, Ridsdale in. Complicated deals with share options, hedge funds and god knows what else. Rumours are there's a 'consortium'. Rumours are is that its just some investment bankers (cockney rhyming slang, surely?) It's mandaric. It's Sullivan. It's the Chuckle Brothers. Debts will disappear like magic. The stadium will bebuilt City will have funds to buy players in the transfer window. The promised land will come to Cardiff. To me, to you. The River Taff will turn into wine. Why does anyone expect any of us to believe anything?


Supporting Cardiff City is never straightforward - even on the pitch. (Saturday at Norwich a case in point - but that's another story). It gets even less straightforward behind the scenes than out on the pitch. The reality is we've swapped one owner (who sold his last club's ground to god knows who, and the club to some idiot Norwegians) for another - who pushed his club into near bankruptcy. We've swapped Sam "I am" Hammam for Peter "Green Eggs" Ridsdale. I do not like them on a train, I do not like them in the rain. I do not like them with a goat, I do not like them on a boat... I DO NOT LIKE THEM SAM I AM.

No comments: