Friday, October 20, 2006

Tuesday was three days ago...

Yes I had the less than exciting gastrocopy. Which revealed a hiatus hernia, which I guess explains a few things. As you can see from the diagram this is a fun procedure. "A procedure?" shouted the woman in the next bed. "I'm having a procedure? I thought it was just tests!" Unfortunately it means I have to have some more tests, more drugs, etc. The sedatives were pretty cool though. I remember nothing about a camera going down my throat, which is as it should be. Actually I remember very little about Wednesday at all.

Yesterday felt a bit knocked out still, so took it easy most of the day until the evening when we went to see Marley in his school play - Pride and Prejudice. He was really very good, playing Mr Bingley. Some of the other kids were good too, but Mr Darcy stood out. In the way a an oak tree might stand out on stage, except without the emotional range. Jeeeesus he was bad. The whole audience cracked up when he came out with the line "This is too much" with less emotion than a dalek. Poor boy - got the part based on looks alone. But otherwise the play was great. And I didn't boo Mr Darcy once!


This morning the doorbell rang early. Who is it? I asked, bearing in mind the knock on the door we'd had from the old bill a few days a go telling us that burglars had struck in our street at 7am. But it wasn't a friendly burglar knocking, but a delivery: a mitre football. I have no idea why. Did I enter some competition I can't remember? Why am I being sent a football? Weird. Whatever, a great long ball: superb delivery, but a bit telegraphed.




Tomorrow we are going to watch "top of the league" Cardiff City play at Norwich. Unfortunately "What's that coming over the hill?" - Michael Chopra is suspended, so we may be seeing the great Luigi Glombard. Shame we can't borrow that Earnie bloke Norwich have got. Notice the irony of the shirt colours.

No comments: