Friday, October 27, 2006

Money in the City

I'm sure - well in fact I know - I'm not the only one who has been thinking about the Ridsdale deal to take over City. The more I think about it the simpler it becomes and the less it makes sense: So put simply - some City people will put up money now (approx £25-30m) and then in a couple of years will float the club on the stock exchange (or whatever) on the basis they will get a lot more.

Simple, see, except it's hard to believe that this is a worthwhile risk: the development of the stadium, promotion to the premiership etc. Football clubs don't make money. Also, who will own the stadium? City don't own their stadium now...

There's something extremely worrying going on. None of this believeable, none of this stands up to examination.

So back to the mascot discussion. I think this one is worth looking at
:

No I don't know what it is either.

No comments: