Sunday, October 08, 2006

Wales worst ever defending

How can you defend a defensive performance like that? Jesus. That Duffy is too slow. That Edwards is too slow. Nyatanga is too naive, and Bale's got a lot to learn too. Robinson, certainly adds no pace. But Toshack screwed up most of all. He picked the formation, then picked the players. And they weren't up to it: He doesn't recognise his squad's limitations enough. Oh well, at least England were poor, that 0-0 helped cheer me up. Shame Macedonia didn't  score, though. But I am worried by Cyprus. My Cypriot mate Barney always reckons that the Cyprus team is full of donkeys. But Ireland made them look more like race horses. Roll on Palace, and back to a normal football life where I watch a bunch of annoying South Londoners singing "Glad all over" as they scrape a dodgy one nil win over City. And I have yo put up with it in the wrong end with my old man. Could be worse - I still have nightmares about the game two years ago where we had two players sent off, including useless Campbell. At least he's gone.

No comments: